Friday, December 7, 2007

Let's Do The Time Warp Again

When I first started blogging, I decided that one of the features I wanted was the ability to time-delay posts-- in other words, write a post one day, but not have it show up until a few days later (I wouldn't want to unleash these pearls of wisdom to the world TOO fast ::GRIN::). I eventually ended up writing a Perl script that uses Google's gdata API (the Perl script itself mostly just calls curl -- the only real challenge was figuring out how to do labels, since Google's API doesn't mention these) and using the Unix at command for scheduling. This appears to be working (I'm actually writing this post on December 1st). The sad thing is that I enjoyed working on this blog-delay code more than I enjoy writing blog entries... It's sorta like the kid who likes the box better than the present, sigh!

No comments: